Data Scientist [Up to £55,000]
Austin Fraser is recruiting for a Data Scientist to assist our client's major transformation to become more data-driven. This role would suit an enthusiastic data scientist with 3 to 4 years of industry experience to help drive that change. This opportunity will embed you directly with decision-makers and an experienced team of data specialists.
- Apply your skills and expertise in statistics and machine learning to help solve real-world business problems.
- Through experimentation and evaluation of statistical and machine learning models you will make a notable contribution to our client's data-driven business transformation journey.
- Work with large internal operational data-sets and leverage on external data sets to enrich the internal data and enhance your models results.
- Implement tools to monitor and analyse model performance and data accuracy.
- Communicate your models results and provide your recommendations to key decision-makers and stakeholders.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience working with machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills
- Proficient in statistical programming languages such as Python and/or R and programming design patterns
- Solid understanding of data structures and common methods in data transformation
- Experience working with on-premise and cloud-based architectures
- Demonstrable experience querying databases including SQL Server and/or MySQL
- Experience working with data visualisation tools such as Power BI and/or Tableau
- Working knowledge of SAP ECC data model advantageous
- Familiarity with agile working practices and test-driven development advantageous
- BSc/MSc in Data Science, Computer Science, Financial; Engineering, Statistics, or related fields
- Work on his/her own initiative, manage time effectively and work accurately and quickly under pressure
- Have excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Proactive attitude to learning and self-development
To be considered for this opportunity, please 'Apply Now', or contact Sam Chaher at Austin Fraser
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.