SQL / Azure Data Engineer
Are you a Data Engineer with a passion to do good through your work? Then this opportunity might be the one for you!
Austin Fraser are recruiting for a Data Engineer on behalf of a not-for-profit working to use the power of data to solve
environmental issues. The ideal candidate will have expert SQL skills and strong experience in Azure, including migrations.
- Managing the investigation of corporate data requirements, documenting them according to the
required standards utilising the prescribed methods and tools.
- Implementing data flows to connect operational systems, data for analytics and BI systems.
- Re-engineer manual data flows to enable scaling and repeatable use.
- Working closely with data architects (to determine what data management systems are appropriate) and data scientists (to determine what data is needed for analysis).
- Tackling problems associated with database integration and unstructured data sets.
- Ensuring that those using the data structures and associated components have a good understanding and that any queries are dealt with promptly and efficiently.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Strong Technical Azure Skills (i.e. Azure Devops, Azure Data Factory, Data Bricks, SQL,
- Knowledge of using Azure Data Factory pipelines to build and populate SQL databases.
- Strong SQL Skills - SSIS, SSIS, T-SQL, Stored Procedures.
- Track-record in migrating traditional MS products to Azure Cloud.
- Efficient in building ETL and ELT processes for enterprise solutions.
- Strong software delivery methods and knowledge.
- Strong performance-tuning skills.
This is a permanent full-time role, reporting to the Head of Data Engineering, which will be delivered
remotely initially. Salary and benefits: Between £45,000 - £55,000 per annum dependent on experience, 30 days
holiday excluding bank holidays, flexible working opportunities and others benefits.
To be considered for this role please 'Apply Now', or contact Sam Chaher at Austin Fraser.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.