Data Engineer - Remote [Circa 60k DoE]
Austin Fraser are recruiting for a Data Engineer to join a newly formed Insights team at an established leader in the Internet & Cyber Security domain.
The main function of the Data Engineer is to enable the analysts within the Insights Team which will be done by on delivering the datasets, types of data, accuracy and formats required to support the team's activity, as well as maintaining and developing the tools and processes used to support this delivery.
This is an exciting opportunity to be actively involved in a green field project as part of a brand new Insights team to build the entire data platform from the ground up as our client seeks to re-engineer their end-to-end analytical self-serve processes as well as the transformation of visualisation tooling, ETL and underlying databases.
- Day to day delivery of the data engineering requirements to support the Insights Team.
- Implement sustainable options/solutions to everyday issues
- Maintain and sustain the tools and technology required to deliver accurate, complete, appropriate data for use by analysts to deliver insights, reports, and analytics.
- 3 Years + working with either Java or Python in a production environment
- Experience working establishing & maintaining data pipelines in the Cloud (AWS preferred)
- Experience working with Apache Spark
- Experience working within a DevOps environment
- Fundamentals of Kubernetes and containerisation
- Familiarity with data warehousing principles
- Proven ability to learn new technology and keep up with the latest trends in data
This role is intended to be deliveried either predominantly or fully remotely; with very occasional travel to our client's office in Oxford.
To be considered for this opportunity or for more information, please 'Apply Now' or get in touch with Sam Chaher at Austin Fraser.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.