Austin Fraser is recruiting for a Data Scientist to assist our client's major transformation to become more data driven. This role would suit an an enthusiastic data scientist with 3 to 4 years industry experience to help drive that change. This opportunity will embed you directly with decision makers and an experienced team of data specialists.
- You will apply your skills and expertise in data engineering to implement automated and scalable data pipelines and support the development of a robust data platform architecture that will support our client's data driven business transformation journey.
- You will work with business analysts and data scientists to discover opportunities for data acquisition in support of real-world business problems.
- You will work with large internal operational datasets and leverage on external data sets to enrich that internal data.
- You will recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience working with a variety of data sources i.e. API's, server logs, web scraping, flat files, databases, and building automated and scalable data pipelines.
- Working knowledge of ETL frameworks and the Microsoft SQL Stack, including SQL Server, SSIS and SSAS.
- Solid understanding of data structures, common methods in data transformation and data quality procedures and practices
- Strong working knowledge of data modelling/data warehouse design & implementation
- Proficient in programming languages such as Python or other scripting languages and programming design patterns
- Demonstrable experience working with data visualisation tools such as Power BI/Tableau
- Demonstrable experience working with on premise and cloud-based architectures
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science, Computing, Data Science, Engineering, or related fields
- Work on his/her own initiative, manage time effectively and work accurately and quickly under pressure
- Have excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Proactive attitude to learning and self-development
To be considered for this opportunity, please 'Apply Now', or contact Sam Chaher at Austin Fraser
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.