Security Engineer (various levels) - Woking (Hybrid office / remote) - up to £45k
I am working with a business looking to bring on multiple people into their security and infrastructure teams across multiple levels. These roles would suit anyone ranging from graduates looking to get their first security engineering role, through to senior security engineers looking to take the next step up in their career.
The Security Engineers are responsible for detecting, reviewing and dealing with incidents coming. The role requires close collaboration with various people within the security and infrastructure team to communicate and help mitigate threats and vulnerabilities in the system and work towards resolution, often of a senior level within the business.
What will you be doing?
- Review alerts, implement and manage security measures for computer systems and networks
- Identify upcoming system security requirements and help implement changes and update
- Support Operations in threat management
- Act as SME security domains
- Reporting to the rest of the business including assessment-based findings and making propositions for security enhancement
- Manage workload across multiple projects and priorities
- Gain stakeholder feedback for personal performance and security team
What do they want from you?
- Work experience as a System Security Engineer or Information Security Engineer (e.g. firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.)
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
What qualifications would make you stand out?
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security degree (or similar)
- Industry recognised Security certifications (e.g., Security+, CISMP, CCSP, SSCP)
- Technical related qualifications (e.g., Azure Specific certifications, GSEC)
- Qualifications from adjacent areas (e.g., PRINCE2, ITIL)
What should you do?
Apply! They role is Woking based with a few days in the week office required and needs to be accessed by car as public transport is tricky in the area. They are looking to conduct all interviews over phone and video.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.