My client has been working within the manufacturing industry for over 50 years, providing bespoke special purpose machinery to their customers in a wide variety of industries. They are looking for a hardworking, driven and resourceful individual to join their expanding team, who is looking to take their career to the next level.
My client is searching for a Controls Engineer, based in the South East of England, who will be repsonsible for the designing and programming of Siemen's PLC's, participating in meetings related to project progress and working collaboratively with different departments to ensure all projects are delivered on time.
Required Skills and Knowledge
Experience and understanding of one or more of the following technical skills is required:
- Siemens - S7 and TiA Portal
- ABB Robotics
- Experience working with Special Purpose Machinery
Furthermore, this position will also require the following:
- Control and instrumentation systems functional specifiaction and design; PLC system software configuration
- Understanding, interpreting and responding to the needs of other departments
- Undertake site surveys of existing installations
- Undertake site based commissioning work if required
- Liaison with clients both internal and external
- Good keyboard skills and IT literacy
- Good organisational skills, accuracy and attentional to detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to cope under pressure
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, then please apply down below now.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.