Consulting Manager (Professional Services)
Austin Fraser are recruiting for a Consulting Manager to lead an rapidly growing team of technical consultants at an Oxfordshire based software house specialising in regulatory software and consultancy. Leading a team of 10-15 Technical Consultants you will have an active role in delivering customer projects and services from day one. You will manage the day to day and longer-term activities of the Consulting team, working in collaboration with Delivery and Technical Managers.
This position will suit junior or middle managers with at least 2 years' experience of management within an IT consulting or IT services organisation who is looking for an exciting new opportunity to shape and lead a team within a challenging technical environment.
- Resource management of all technical staff within the Professional Services team.
- Line management of the Technical Consulting team, including performance management and staff development (including junior line managers).
- Actively contributing to wider Professional Services management activities including resolving delivery escalations and enacting process & quality improvements.
- Leading and supporting customer engagements.
- Actively contributing to customer engagements prior to sale, including:
- Input into proposals and other sales artefacts.
- Coordinating the scoping and estimation of services, ensuring value for money offerings.
- Project and service management (as required) to support delivery of customer engagements.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Management experience within an IT consulting or IT services organisation.
- A passion for line management and building great teams.
- Demonstratable skill in resource planning.
- The ability to improve standards and processes.
- Experience leading customer engagements with a passion for customer satisfaction.
- The desire and ability to learn quickly and work within a complex and challenging technical environment.
- An attention to detail and desire to deliver high quality work.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Financial industry knowledge.
- Experience of Project or Service Management.
- Experience shaping projects both pre and post sale.
- Knowledge of XML, XBRL.
- Knowledge Cloud and DevOps technologies (such as AWS, Azure, Docker, and Kubernetes).
To be considered for this position, please 'Apply Now', or contact Sam Chaher at Austin Fraser.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.