This is a full-time permanent opportunity.
Would you like to work for a successful systems integrator who are at the forefront of their industry, providing cutting-edge automation solutions.
My client is based within the Cambridgeshire region, and will consider applications from around the UK as this role has the capacity for remote working.
The ideal candidate must have experience of working within Automation / FMCG / Food / Bakery / Confectionery sectors.
Working as a Controls Engineer you will:
* Need to pick up requirement from customer, create FDS, Technical Documentation and take the solution to site and install/commission.
* Program PLC controllers - ControlLogix, CompactLogix 5000, Siemens S7, Mitsubishi
* Produce a full range of layout detail drawings and planning documents to contract specifications.
* Travel at least 60% of the time and this would be mostly overseas within FMCG / Food industry sectors.
The ideal candidate will possess:
* Strong PLC / controls background, writing and designing software from scratch, ideally with Allen Bradley / Siemens or Mitsubishi
* The ability to fault find and modify code.
* A Time served apprenticeship or relevant engineering qualification.
* An understanding of electrical technical drawings.
* Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
* An engineer who is confident dealing with customers on site and who has extensive knowledge of automated machinery.
Salary £35,000 to £45,000 per annum, pension, private health care and uplifts when working on site
This role is predominately overseas commissioning and you would be able to work remotely when coding / when not on customer site.
If this sounds like you, then please apply below!
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.