Azure SQL DBA (DevOps) - £60,000-£75,000 DoE [Woking]
Austin Fraser are currently recruiting for Azure SQL DBA with DevOps exposure to help our client to transform legacy on premise solutions to a modern hybrid/cloud based architecture. An essential part of your role will be designing, developing and implementing solutions, performing code review for other development teams, backup, restore and performance tuning, and providing technical assistance and cross training to team members.
- Designing, developing, implementing, and documenting solutions to transform legacy on-premise solutions to hybrid/cloud-based architecture.
- Developing bespoke code where required for solutions.
- Developing deployment scripts for deployment in DevOps methodology.
- Ensure proper configuration, change, and event management processes, procedures and controls are implemented and adhered to.
- Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members.
- Continually review, design, and implement technology best practices, guidelines, and repeatable processes.
- Continuously evaluate existing systems with industry standards, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Secure, scale, and manage Windows \ Linux virtual environments.
- Develop and maintain solutions for operational administration, system/data backup, disaster recovery, and security/performance monitoring.
- Development Skills, specifically in C#,T-SQL and SQL
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Proficient SQL scripting development experience - stored procedures, triggers, functions and transactions analysis and a thorough understanding of indexes and statistics
- Operational Performance Tuning and Optimization using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Capable of configuring popular database engines and orchestrating clusters as necessary
- Experience with Microsoft Azure core services SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS (service bus, managed instances).
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Dev ops for deploying services
- Experience of trouble shooting resources within Azure
- Networking: Understanding of DNS, SSL, Firewalls, and networking concepts (VPC, subnetting, VPNs, etc)
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or 5 years relevant experience
- Microsoft Azure or SQL qualifications
- Knowledge of IFS and/or Microsoft Dynamics platforms desirable
- An ability to drive to goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- The ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and customers
- A commitment to continuing professional development
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
To be considered for this opprtunity, please 'Apply Now', or contact Sam Chaher at Austin Fraser.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.