Azure SQL Database Administrator - REMOTE - £55,000
Austin Fraser are currently recruiting for an experienced Azure SQL Database Administrator to join a remote team working on the administration and development of a complex SQL server environment.
Knowledge of SQL configuration, administration and performance tuning is essential, plus an ability to design and optimise high performing on premises and Azure cloud-based SQL Server installations.
This role intended to be fully-remote in the long term, with the option to work occasionally in the office if desired by the candidate.
- Be involved with all aspects of SQL database configuration, administration and maintenance- both on premises and Azure cloud based.
- Contribute to the design and optimisation of secure, high performing, scalable database solutions.
- Undertake monitoring, performance tuning and fault resolution of SQL servers and databases.
- Work as part of a team to understand customer needs, follow business objectives and contribute to the product development.
- Ensure you maintain and build on your knowledge for the role, staying up to date with new database or server technologies.
- Work with a multi-disciplined team using an agile methodology in well-defined sprints and participate in regular agile ceremonies.
- Experience of SQL server configuration, administration and maintenance (SQL Server and Azure SQL).
- Experience in migrating on-premise databases to the Cloud (Azure).
- Experience in database design including aspects such as security and scalability for high performing Enterprise solutions.
- Experience in database monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting and capacity planning.
- Experience in PowerShell scripting, particularly with database scripts.
- Demonstrable experience in SQL Server 2019 and Azure SQL.
- A recognised qualification related to database administration.
- Knowledge of SSIS, SSRS and SSAS.
- Knowledge of business intelligence and data warehousing.
- Experience of additional Azure services such as app services, active directory and virtual networks.
- Technical knowledge of Windows OS and IIS web server.
To be considered for this position, please 'Apply Now', or contact Sam Chaher at Austin Fraser.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.