I am delighted to be assisting my client, who have been providing comprehensive solutions to the automation and control of processes for over 40 years, in recruiting an Automation Engineer.
The position will require you to design and write PLC, SCADA and HMI software from scratch, working on large projects within Ireland, the UK and globally & producing relevant industry documentation.
- Reviewing and establishing the project scope and deliverables.
- Production of documentation (software specifications, functional design specification, manuals etc.)
- Documented software testing.
- Provide support for the on-site commissioning and qualification of equipment.
- Train customer maintenance and operator staff.
- Implement changes on site to electrical panels when required.
- Designing and writing PLC, HMI & SCADA software.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Relevant HNC/D.
- Five plus years of relevant software design experience.
- Highly motivated.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Experience of Automation project delivery across the entire project life-cycle.
- Experience working within Pharmaceutical, Industrial, Automotive, Food & Beverage or Machinery Businesses industry
Experience in the following areas is considered essential
- Specialist working with Siemens Step 7
- Specialist working with Siemens TIA Portal
If this sounds like you, or someone that you know is on the search, then please feel free to apply below or send across a copy of your most recent CV to Jack Owen at [email protected]
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.