Senior Automation Engineer
I am excited to begin supporting my client, a leader in supplying high quality process machinery for the FMCG market, in recruiting a new Senior Automation Engineer!
This position will require you to work on large projects within Ireland, the UK and globally. You will be responsible for designing and writing PLC, SCADA and HMI software, as well as producing the required industry standard documentation and leading testing and acceptance activities with customers.
- Reviewing and establishing the project scope and deliverables.
- Production of documentation (software specifications, functional design specification, manuals etc.)
- Documented software testing.
- Provide support for the on-site commissioning and qualification of equipment.
- Train customer maintenance and operator staff.
- Implement changes on site to electrical panels when required.
- Designing and writing PLC, HMI & SCADA software.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A proven background in control systems-related software design for process/equipment control in the Life Sciences industry or a similar process control industry.
- Relevant HNC/D.
- Five plus years of relevant software design experience.
- Highly motivated.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Experience of Automation project delivery across the entire project lifecycle.
Experience in the following areas are considered essential
- Siemens Step 7 PLC using LAD/STL
- Siemens TiA HMI config/TiA PLC progamming
- Siemens WinCC HMI
- Allen Bradley SLC and Control Logix PLC
If this sounds like you, or someone that you know is actively on the search, then please feel free to apply below or send across a copy of your most recent CV to Jack Owen at [email protected]
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.