SQL Solutions Developer (Marketing) - Remote
Austin Fraser are recruiting for a SQL Solutions Developer on behalf of a data-centric marketing and advertising business developing innovative technology-driven marketing solutions for major global brands.
This role would suit a SQL developer or SQL Data Analyst with at least 2-4 years experience in a hands-on technical role. A strong interest in marketing or previous experience in working in a marketing agency is highly beneficial.
This role is intended to be predominantly remote for the long-term, but we will also consider applicants on a fully remote basis within the UK.
The SQL Solutions Developer role operates within the area of the business responsible for the innovation, implementation, ongoing optimisation and maintenance of marketing technology solutions.
- Build and deliver software solutions inclusive of scoping, design, development, testing, deployment, support and documentation activities.
- Format, process and transform client supplied data files for load to their hosted database solution.
- Translate defined processing rules into efficient program code using SQL within cloud-based environments (Snowflake / AWS).
- Support the set-up and execution of digital marketing activities via the use and integration with third party platforms providing campaign automation, multi-channel execution and MI/BI reporting capabilities.
- Identify issues and solutions, working through processes step by step to highlight where errors have occurred.
- Communication of technical issues / solutions with clients and suppliers.
- Making decisions regarding most appropriate method and tools to carry out a job, project, or solution change.
- Provide ongoing quality assurance working with others across a number of disciplines such as unit, component integration, system, regression, user acceptance and post deployment testing.
- Experience developing and working with databases or marketing automation tools.
- Experience with the end to end software development lifecycle.
- Strong development experience with SQL
- Experience with version and build control and/or continuous integration, inclusive of associated tools.
- Knowledge of Single Customer Views (SCV) and Customer Data Platforms (CDP).
Knowledge of cloud environments (E.g AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Knowledge of cloud database and ETL solutions (E.g Snowflake, Matillion, Redshift)
Experience using Marketing Automation tools (E.g Apteco FastStats and PeopleStage, Alterian, Acoustic, Salesforce Marketing Cloud)
Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools (E.g. QlikSense, Power BI, Tableau)
Email broadcast tools e.g. Upland Adestra, MAPP, Pure360
Name and Address processing software e.g. Capscan or QAS
- Marketing Agency experience or a Marketing-related Degree
Experience working with customer data platforms or single customer views, inclusive of cleansing, matching, deduplication, PAF, suppressions and 3rd party enhancement / data appends etc.
To be considered for this opportunity please 'Apply Now', or get in touch with Sam Chaher at Austin Fraser via LinkedIn.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.