Role: Python engineer
Job Type: Contract (Inside IR35)
Location: London (3-5 days per week)
Start Date: ASAP
Length: 6 Months
We require a passionate Python technologist to work within the Investment Technology team who support the investment business by developing and supporting internal Python web application tools to support Front Office functions.
· Deliver a user platform to support investment decision making and analysis of trends in the investment research space.
· Refinement of the existing investment and research platform in response to business needs
· Work with the Data Insights Unit and wider teams to adopt Python
· Work with the wider DIU Team and research teams to identify opportunities for optimisation and automation
· Coach and develop team members, ensuring that best practices and methodologies are followed
· Expert knowledge of Python 3 in an enterprise environment, including packages such as Pandas, NumPy, and Python web frameworks such as Django, and Flask
· Experience with both SQL and Python ORM libraries (i.e. SQLAlchemy)
· AWS experience in addition to CI applications (e.g. Team City)
· Experience using Docker and Kubernetes would be advantageous
· Knowledge of the Linux environment desirable
· Experience in other web technologies would also be useful
· Delivery focussed with an ability to own a piece of work from start to finish
· Ability to understand various data structures and common data transformation methodologies
· Ability to work using Agile methodologies and tools including Scrum, git and Continuous Delivery
· Ability to deal credibly with business and technical users at all levels of the organisation excellent communication skills is a must
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.