Machine Learning Engineer (Energy) - Berkshire
Are you longing to do more to tackle the climate crisis? Are your ML superpowers going spare? Have you ever wanted to work for a dynamic, disruptive start-up set on triple digit growth? Then look no further!
Austin Fraser have partnered with scaling tech-first energy & smart-home challenger brand to hire a Machine Learning Engineer or 'full-stack' Data Scientist to compliment a cross-functional team.
Using the power of artificial intelligence, our client is dramatically reducing the carbon emissions of homes around the world, with the potential to remove in excess of one gigaton of carbon from the atmosphere every year.
- Develop evaluation tools and dashboards for international deployments.
- Develop tools and UIs to facilitate the development of statistical & ML models.
- Productise core ML algorithms focusing on scalability and maintainability.
- Maintain our existing data systems and infrastructure.
- Design and implement new data pipelines and databases as needed.
- Support pilots and demos as we develop new business opportunities around the globe.
To succeed in this role, you'll need:
- Masters or PhD degree in computer science, machine learning, statistics & applied mathematics, engineering (especially electrical engineering), physics, or similar fields.
- 2+ years professional experience as a machine learning or software engineer.
- Ability to wear multiple hats to support growth of the business
- Solid understanding of algorithms, and data structures.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience with diving into data, finding insights, and presenting them.
- Fluent with programming in Python.
It'd be great if you also have experience with some of the following:
- Knowledge of C/C++.
- Experience with AWS services.
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL.
- Previous experience leading the deployment of production-quality code / models.
What we can offer you:
- Salary: £70,000 - £90,000 Depending on experience
- Excellent benefits
- Hybrid working, with 2-3 days remote. Otherwise based in Calcot, Reading.
To be considered for this opportunity, or to have an informal conversation about it, get in touch with Sam Chaher at Austin Fraser.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.