Job: Head of Software Development
Industry: Software House
Salary: £100,000 - £120,000
This Head of Software Development role, is an amazing opportunity to join and be an integral part of a fast paced market leading Software House. My client is going through an exciting phase of growth and expansion across their local and international markets.
As the Head of Software Development you will report directlty to the CEO whilst leading a growing team of developers based internationally across the business. You will be expected to bring an enthusiastic & energetic attitude to help innovate, improve existing processes and to enhance this award winning business.
In This Role You Will:
- Lead and manage teams of senior software developers and Q&A Engineers. Support the development team's growth, through effective hiring, a career framework, and mentoring guidance.
- Participate in the strategic decisions about technology, definition and implementation of software solutions.
- Playing a key role in the definition of the product vision, the product strategy and the consequent product roadmaps and prioritisation.
- Application of Project Management best practices to meet roadmap, delivery timeline, budget and objectives.
- Proactively communicate what the team is working on with stakeholders across the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Programming and PM certifications
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, organisational awareness, risk & regulatory compliance, change management, communication & collaborative working skills
- 6+ years of leading & managing Software Development teams, preferably in multiple-locations; with project management, resource management and external resources management capabilities
- 3+ years' experience running medium to large/complex software development projects with multiple dependencies
- Results-oriented with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Recent working knowledge and experience in Software Development Lifecycle in an Agile and/or SCRUM environment
- Deep knowledge of IT/software technology and trends, application development, web services,middleware, Databases, programming and business intelligence
- Demonstrable experience in translating a product vision into delivery strategies and a coherent product development roadmap - and relentlessly driving execution against them
- Candidates will need to show that they have the leadership experience to drive and inspire the product development team and wider business.
Nice To Have:
- Experience working in Accounting, Finance Reporting or Financial Software.
- Basic Knowledge of accounting/payment providers/ fintech.
- Security principles related to software.
- Experience of Jira, TestComplete, Confluence.
What You'll Get:
For this Head of Software Development the salary on offer is £100,000-£120,000 basic salary and will vary depending on experience.
- Regular company social activities, team-building events, and a fun work environment (e.g., Breakfast Mondays, Beer & Pizza Thursdays).
- Dog-friendly office.
- Ongoing training and development.
- Great office space to work at in the heart of Reading town centre.
- Free Gym membership.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Learning opportunities and experience in a fast-growing company.
- 25 days annual leave, employer pension contribution and death in service insurance.
Job: Head of Software Development - Industry: Software House - Location: Reading - Salary: 100-120k
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.