IT Software Engineer
Full Stack Java / ReactJS
Key Profile Skills
Java - Spring and Spring Boot
Microservice / Webservices development
MS SQL with hands on SQL coding
Building data layer solutions
LINUX - RedHat
Experienced in SDLC, GitHub , DevOps processes
5+ years experience, 2+ in an FS role
Nice to Have Profile Skills
Instrument Static Data / Reference Data - Client data experience - Highly valued
Trading Data - Client Limits management - nice to have
Equities trading system experience nice to have
Preferred hybrid working model but fully remote will be considered for right candidat
Equities Technology -Developer for Core Data Services CFT (CDS)
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Do you have the drive to innovate? We're looking for someone like that to help us to:
- Implement functionality changes, bug fixes and performance enhancement changes for reference data components based on JAVA, SQL and scripting
- Integrate with the Global Team and Interface to the local client teams & consuming systems
- Writing unit tests to ensure proper functionality of the system during development stage
- Contributing to the end-2-end software development lifecycle
- Participating in architecture and technical discussions with the team
You will have the opportunity to work under minimal supervision to understand local and global system requirements, design and implement the required functionality/bug fixes/enhancements. You will be responsible for components that are developed across the whole team and deployed globally.
You will also have the opportunity to provide third line support to the application's global user community, which will include assisting dedicated support staff and liaising with the members of other development teams directly - some of which will be local and some remote.
You'll be working in the CASH Equity team locally, under the supervision of the senior technical lead(s) located in London. The successful candidate will be a member of the global CDS team which has team members in India, Singapore, Poland, UK & US.
We work as part of a global team providing design, development, and refactoring for the existing and future reference data requirements of the local and global CASH business. Solutions deployed should be extensible globally with minimal localization.
Reference Data is a key element to successful transactions regardless of the asset. Without this being correct, no exchange of product or monies is possible. This team focuses on the maintenance and timely delivery of such data.
Your experience and skills
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science/ Engineering/ Science preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of core development experience with Java & SQL in a software development environment
- Past exposure to system deployment on Unix platforms (Linux pref.)
- Past exposure to providing 3rd line system support
- Previous Reference Data knowledge - particularly in the Instrument and Client Data Domains
- Experience in using React.js to create business orientated web pages
- Ability to direct less experienced team members within the SDLC & DevOps areas
- Experience of Middle Tier Distribution solutions
- Experience with Agile methods (Test Driven Development, Scrum, etc)
- Fluent written and spoken English
Nice if you have:
- Experience in Shell and SQL scripting
- Ability to understand the key functionality and behavior of the existing system simply by reading the Java code
- curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
- focused on delivery to the business
- strong in analytical skills. For example, the candidate must understand the key dependencies among existing systems in terms of the flow of the data among them. It is essential that the candidate learns to understand the 'big picture' of how and why the clients would use the data distributed by the CDS system.
- able to quickly absorb new terminology and business requirements
- already strong in core java knowledge as well as programming techniques, design patterns etc.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.