Tech Lead / Engineering Manager
Up to £94,000
Austin Fraser has an amazing opportunity for a Tech Lead to progress in their career in a well-known and respected company in the IT space. You will be working with a team of 7-8 developers with a Java Tech stack, so Java skills will be useful here.
This company is moving towards significant growth over coming years and is allowing Engineering managers to have an influence over the technical direction of their team, leaving them the ability to leave their mark on the company and see the direct impact and changes they have made. There will be a mixture of both greenfield and existing projects that you will be managing and in some cases you may be expected to step in and get your hands dirty if necessary. The area of the company you will be working on is the Core Registry systems.
In return for the work, this company provides a 15% bonus, up to 7% matched pension, 30 days holiday, dental and medical insurance and other attractive benefits.
- Have great communication skills.
- Be able to manage and direct a team towards producing a successful finished product.
- Have experience in coding and understand the full cycle (in a Java environment).
- Be able to step in and get involved with coding if required.
- You will manage a team of 7-8 developers and QA testers.
- You will be expected to build relationships with the entire team.
- The apps are mostly in Java, but there are also a couple of C++ systems that will need some attention.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.