Übersicht3rd Line Technical Support Engineer Oxford, On Site Up to £40k
Austin Fraser are working with a MSP client based in Oxford who are looking to hire a Network & Infrastructure Engineer who will be based on-site with occasional travel to customer sites.
- Sector: IT
- Contract type: Permanent/Onsite
- Salary: up to £40k per year
Our client is looking for a Network & Infrastructure all-rounder who has a comprehensive knowledge of Networks, with years of experience with on-premise Windows Server networks, and on-premise Exchange Servers, Active Directory & Group Policy. SQL knowledge would be a plus, as would Azure or other cloud services. General Experience with Windows 10 / Office 365 Desktop environments.
Standard IP knowledge of internal & external IP address range types is expected, along with basic subnetting & routing. We would expect that you have experience of dealing with the usual network peripherals, firewalls, routers.
The right candidate will also be expected to have experience in server administration:
- Solving user problems /answering queries /basic user instruction
- New user & application setups
- Day-to-day user / systems support (printer installs, etc.)
- Providing support to the companies consultants
- Web based 'Manufacturer Knowledge Base' investigations
- Providing applications & patches
- Providing in-house technical support
- Workstation troubleshooting
- training & answering queries (re: MS Office based apps.)
- In-house server /network troubleshooting
- Escalation of client requests (systems development & sales) to consultants/account managers.
- Occasional on-site support / delivery of goods & services to clients, site auditing & fact-finding visits
- To ensure our network is managed and maintained
- To collaborate with clients and suppliers to resolve issues and project manage all projects
- To ensure all changes to the network are documented through our Change Management Process in line with ISO 27001 and ISO 9001
- To contribute to the improvement of processes and be a key member of the team in bringing new technology to the company and our customers through research and deployment
- Troubleshoot issues efficiently while effectively communicating to all parties
- 3rd line support to staff and customers as well supporting the company on 1st & 2nd line duties when required.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to other engineers and admin staff. Supporting the design, implementation of the business and network alongside the Technical Director.
- Occasional out of hours work required
- Driving licence required - Company vehicle for site visits.
If you are interested then please send your CV through for review.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.